Thursday 22 November 2007

Under Cover 2




I met up with Sade Adeniran in London this year when summer was fading into autumn. She bubbled into The Odeon Cinemas at Sheperds Bush with two copies of her book-Imagine This. One copy to be reviewed in True Love West Africa where I work, and the other for my reading pleasure. Imagine This was a pleasure at first sight. A cleverly angled painting floating in a sea of white clear space. The self published author created the concept for her book cover with the help pf Graphic Designer- Olamide Adetula. Imagine This enjoys rave reviews in London, and Sade is soon to sign a far more rewarding deal with one of England's top publishers.

Of the cover art she says: "the artists' name is Jonathan Gladding and he's an American working in St Lucia. I've know Jonathan since my University days in the States and saw his work when I went to St Lucia in 2001. I asked him if I could use it for my book cover and he agreed."

Below is a link to Jonathan Gladding's website- http://www.jagartist.com/index.html."

No comments: